Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2008

Weighing in on Waskesiu and Canada Day

It seems as if I will now be weighing on on Fridays as that is when I finally have time to do it and update our blog. Last week I reached my 1st major weight loss goal, this week, I reached my next usual goal. I am now 340 lbs, down 5 lbs and I can go watch a regular movie. Will all the fun summer movies out, who knows what I will watch.

Camping at Waskesiu was fun, but buggy. The Horse Flies (which I have never seen before) are HUGE and numerous. Despite using up ALL our bug spray, Ali had the least bites (must be a Webster thing), Anisha had a few more, and I had the most. My legs look like they're infested with bugs, and it is soooo itchy. We had some great weather and got to go to the beach a couple of times, but Anisha didn't like the cold lake water. We didn't get to spend a lot of time with Matthew and Lindsey, but we did play cards one night, until the break-dancing bug ruined our fun. As Lindsey said in her blog, you had to have been there to get the craziness of the bug. In all, it was great to get away and camp outside.

Canada Day was pretty good too. We started with a Pancake Breakfast in Waskesiu, then Anisha fell asleep so we came back to PA and unpacked and started all our laundry (which, by the way, we just finished last night, Thursday... thats 7 loads of laundry between the three of us!). We then took in some of the festivities at the local Kinsmen Park and down by the riverside. Then we came home and went to bed. So tired...

On a quick side note, what is with some parents of kids these days? There were two idiot kids (about 9-12 years old) in the playground, hanging out on the toddler section (where Anisha likes to slide) with realistic looking toy guns, aiming them at kids Anisha's age to 4 and talking about "bustin' a cap in their asses" and how they are "gangstas." (By they way, they were WHITE kids, not black, or latino, or native, as some regular PA gangs are with their ethnic memberships). Those kids pissed me off, so I gave them a talking to and told them to leave or I will go get the patrolling cops. Sheesh! On Canada Day even! Stupid parents allowing their kids to go to a public place with realistic looking toy guns. Keep those things at home! Those kids could have been charged, arrested, or worse, injured if the cops thought they were real guns.

Other than the fact that I have begun my Statistics correspondence course now (which is ridiculously easier that Calculus), nothing else new.
Here are some pics from Camping, plus a link to more, and a video of Anisha on Waskesiu beach. Have a great weekend all!
Anisha eating Breakfast in her new Dora the Explorer Camping chair...
A gift from Uncle Matthew, Auntie Lindsey and Cousin Connor. Thank you!
Relaxing at the beach in Waskesiu with mommy. Very nice sunny day...
Anisha got quite dirty at one point, so we gave her an emergency bath in our wash basin... with no baby soap, we just used dish detergent. You can see she didn't like it.

Anisha (still in her PJs) having fun with cousin Connor as
Matthew and Lindsey pack up to leave
Anisha dancing away at the Canada Day celebrations by the waterfront in PA.

You can find more pictures of our trip by clicking this sentence.

Here is a short video of Anisha playing with sand at the beach in Waskesiu:

No comments: