Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Movies, etc and the greatest challenge for my health...

Well, it has been an eventful 24 hours for me, the movie fan. Here are some things to chew on from my neck of the woods.

1. Yesterday afternoon, the most promising actor to portray the Joker died. Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York hotel room from an apparent accidental drug overdose on sleeping pills (It has not been confirmed in the toxicology reports as of 2pm today). Heath was a wonderful actor that I enjoyed watching in movies such as A Knights Tale, Brokeback Mountain, and I was heartily anticipating his take on the clown prince of crime, The Joker, in the upcoming Batman Begin sequel, The Dark Knight, due July 18th. He will be missed.









2. I have now seen one of the greatest, and best movies recently. I just watched The Bucket List. It is a powerful, funny and touching movie about friendship and male bonding that really touched my soul and moved me to tears. So awesome. Please go see it if you can. You will laugh yourself silly through most of it. The ending needs to be seen to be believed. (10/10)


3. On that note, I have now seen two of the last movies I will be seeing for a while. I saw Bucket List last night, and finished Scarface today (9/10). So what do I mean the last two movies? I shall explain:

Today, I was watching Ellen (Yes, being a stay at home dad lets me watch those programs directed at moms home with their kids). She had on a group of women who met online and lost 350 lbs all together with support from each other. One said that she set a goal for herself that she would reward herself after she achieved a certin amount of weight lost. It wasn't having a cake after 10lbs lost, It was doing something she loved, like a pedicure, etc. That inspired me. So, here is my challenge to myself that relates to all my posts today:

I hereby challenge myself that I will not see anymore movies until I have lost a certain amount of weight. For every ten pounds I lose, I will be allowed to see a movie. I MUST have lost 25 lbs by July 18th to go and see The Dark Knight. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. Can I do it in a year? Maybe.

As of today, I weigh 350lbs. Scary isn't it? I want to lose the weight to be an inspiration to Anisha and be healthy enough to see her through to university. I am making this public notice so all can witness my pledge and offer their support. I will try and update my blog weekly with results so you can help me keep on track. Here we go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you i wish you all the luck in the world . you will do it son. mom will you support you all the way go for it son

Lindsey said...

Good for you and I hope it goes well. Maybe it will inspire me to get my fat ass in gear!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Trent. I know you can do it. So very proud of you. You are an inspiration to the rest of us, including me.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I know that you can and will succeed with the challenge that you have set for yourself.
I'll try to match your pace for the first 25 pounds and your July 18th goal. I think that a little wager is appropriate. If you win, I'll pay for a movie night for you and Ali, including dinner and babysitting; if you win, you pay for dinner for mom and I. Do you want the winner to be the first one to 25 lbs off, or the biggest loss by July 18th? Dad