Total Pageviews

Friday, January 23, 2015

Xmas and the Lot

Wow, I have been away a while from this blog. Well, the family has been busy.

In November, Anisha found out she liked working on a loom at a local artisan show. She had a blast playing with it there.
Anisha looming at the Artisan show
We decided to get Anisha her own kids one for Xmas.
Here is her simple looming with a design weaved within

 


Ringette is still going strong with Anisha and Samantha in the Bunnies/beginner level.
Samantha the Bunny

Anisha the Bunny.


I've been doing a lot of Improv over Xmas travelling all over PA and area to various Xmas parties with these other fools.

 

Our next big show will be our version of The Debaters as heard on the CBC Radio.
We are also doing regular Improv nights at a local coffee shop to get the word out about what we do.


Anisha was officially enrolled into Brownies in Ali's troop in November. 
She was very happy about this.


A new adventure for Anisha as she was cast as a Lost Boy in the Broadway North production of Peter Pan. She had 2-3 songs to sing, choreography, and had to look like a lost child. Here is her hair for the show:





Anisha in costume with Matthew Mihilewicz as Cpt. Hook!

Anisha & Samantha with Wendy and Peter Pan
Anisha with her friend Alex who came to see the show

Anisha was too busy with Peter Pan to be part of the church Christmas pageant, but Samantha was in it. Here she is type casted as an angel.
 

We were able to get to Sherwood Park for Christmas with my folks and had a nice relaxing time there. Below are some of the pictures from our trip

This was taken at a farm where the guy puts up thousands of lights to be his own version of a twinkle light tour.
 
The guy's house with many blow up characters

Some more great lights

A family pic in the cold.

Our little Elf Xmas morning

Anisha got make up and did her own... oy

The girls rode on the LRT to the Edmonton Oilers Skills competition

All of us at the skills competition

Someone didn't make it to midnight on New Years Eve

The last night in Edmonton with my family at Tony Romas


We got back to PA and I received a parcel from Cheerios. I had entered a contest where I tweeted a picture of Anisha and me at the Father/Daughter Gala in the Spring and they told me I won the Inner Princess award in their #Howtodad contest. I got a gift certificate to get a free box of Peanut Butter Cheerios, an award certificate, and a Tiara.


Upcoming adventures for the family include the following:

  • Samantha joins me on stage Feb 3-8 for the Rivier Academy performance of Anne of Green Gables: The Musical where I play Cecil the farmer and Samantha is an extra school kid for any school scenes. Sister Mary, the principal of the academy, is VERY excited to dress her in a cute dress. You may have noticed my the beard I am growing for the show. I can't wait to shave it off.
  • I am releasing 2 more kids books this year. You can keep track of my work as an author at my new webpage: www.trentgillespieauthor.com. There I will announce my conventions and shows I will be at. You can also find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/trentgillespieauthor, or on Twitter: @trentage
  • Ali has a business trip planned in February to the US for her work
  • I will be directing an interactive dinner show in the fall so stay tuned for information about that.

I hope everyone had a great Xmas and wonderful New Year.

No comments: