Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Just before Xmas

Many people often complain that calling it Xmas is taking Christ out of Christmas. In fact, The "X" in Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of Χριστός, Christ in Greek.

That being said, what can I comment on?

1. School has been going well for me. Teaching Science 10 has been a wonderful challenge. I thought I would HATE the chemistry unit, but I LOVED it! I will have to re-plan the physics unit because I spent too much time on it, but that is what learning a new subject is all about! I am squishing the weather unit in right now, but the students never see that stuff again in the rest of their High Schooling.
Math 10 went as usual, but I spent extra time on Slope and had to get rid of a few projects to ensure they got the concepts. I have found out my new schedule next semester (In the order of the daily schedule): Prep, Math 20, Math 10, Math 20, Science 10. Oddly, I am the ONLY teacher teaching Science 10 next term and it is the Provincial Assessment For Learning exam in June for all Grade 10s! For those of you who forget, I have a Drama teaching degree, so of course I am the best person to do this. lol.
I'll make it work, I have awesome coworkers!

2. Anisha was a puppy again this year for Halloween. We actually took her out Trick-or-Treating in the snow to our friend's places and she had a blast. The funniest moment was visiting a coworker of Alison's whose husband was out in his backyard chopping down a tree with a chainsaw and when Anisha heard it, she looked at Alison with fear and said, "Mommy, we need to go back to the car now!"
Click this line or the pic below to go to our Facebook Gallery of the pics:

3. Anisha and I enjoyed a weekend together without Alison in mid November. Ali went to Regina for a guiding conference and so Anisha and I took Saturday and went to Saskatoon. I took her to her first movie in a movie theatre. We went and saw Planet 51, but missed 1/2 an hour of it because we were stuck in the popcorn line with people there to see New Moon. Who cares, we had a blast.

4. For my Birthday, Alison had to go to a meeting in Birch Hills (20 minutes south of PA), so I stayed home with Anisha and put up my Xmas penguin that Alison gave me. Very awesome.

5. There were a good number of Xmas parties and Anisha came to most of them. She was always excited to go see Santa and get a present, but as soon as the jolly fellow came in, Anisha freaked out and wouldn't go near him. It was cute. She eventually got brave enough to give Santa a hug at my work's family Xmas party at Dolly's fun house. Anisha also liked putting up the Christmas tree and decorating it. She decided she and mommy should wear the stockings. Very cute.
Click this line or either of the two pics below to link to the Facebook Gallery of our Xmas pics.
6. Anisha's Daycare was scheduled to sing at Prince Albert City Hall. Ali and I were able to go see her sing and "perform" and it was very awesome to see. She knew most of the words, but realised Ali and I were there and "performed" for us.
Click on this line to our Facebook gallery of Anisha's City Hall pics and some pics of the presents we have already received for Xmas.
7. My parents are up for Xmas until just after New Years. Then they will be back by the end of January and the birth of the new baby. Alison is doing well with her pregnancy. Everything is flowing the same as last time with no surprises or pregnancy issues. Ali gets tired easily and has a bad back, but that is nothing out of the ordinary for her pregnancy. We still don't know the gender, we want to be surprised.
Her doctors want to induce her Jan 21, but that is right at the end of my Final Exams, so we are gonna ask for the next day or the week after. Nothing set in stone yet, but we will keep you all informed.

That is it for here. All the best this Christmas and Happy New Years!

No comments: