Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Weighing in on my colon and our house!

Wow, it has been a few weeks since we last talked... what has happened:

1. I subbed a bunch at the end of March for a teacher I usually sub for. Her daughter got an eye infection, then her son got sick, so I was there most of that week.

2. We took possession of our house on April 1st. Very exciting. We have already done some renovations and cleaning, but it was pretty clean to begin with anyways. The big project I did was to remove the sliding door entry to the bathtub in the main bathroom so it will be easier to bathe Anisha. We have also moved in a number of boxes and what not. Its all very exciting.
Click this line or the picture to link to the Facebook gallery of the house.

3. My parents arrive tonight for a while. They will help us paint the house and do some more reno. Then they will be here for the official move on April 17, when the movers come to move the big stuff like couches and what not. They will also stay up until Anisha's B-Day on May 2nd.

4. The weekend after we got possession, Ali, Anisha and I went to Saskatoon for a Physiotherapy conference. Ali has been looking forward to this conference for a while and seemed to REALLY like it. Whilst she was away, Anisha and I explored Saskatoon. We went to The Fun Factory (an indoor playground), The Saskatoon Zoo (very low maintenance, kinda weak for a zoo), and to a children's dinner theatre production of The Jungle Book. Anisha was scared most of the time, at the play, and clung to me and whimpered. I guess that idea flopped. Anisha also loved riding the huge waterslide at the hotel. It started about two storeys up and winded down slowly to the pool. She had a blast on that and wanted to ride it over and over. We also bought her a PFD with Dora on it so she can be safe in the water. We have no pictures from the pool. However, you can link to the Facebook gallery by clicking this line or the GREAT pic of Anisha enjoying her dessert pudding from Tony Roma's on Friday night.
5. I weighed myself today and I am down to 340 lbs. That is definately going in the right directions, but I don't think I will lose that 15 lbs needed to go see Star Trek in May. Another goal lost. Oh well.

6. Alison's rehearsals for her show are getting busier and she is getting anxious for the show which runs April 24 - May 2. She knows almost all her lines, but her co-star is struggling with his couple of HUGE monologues. I don't envy their work, but I think the show will come together nicely.

7. Well, not necessarily in response to Lindsey's post on rectal screening for cancer, I have a Colonoscopy coming up on April 16, the day before we do the official move. My Mom's side of the family has a history of cancer and all my aunts, the one uncle, and my mom, have all had the "poop-shoot" investigation. I figure, I should get inspected as well. I put in my request in November of last year, and they finally booked me in. I am a little nervous about it, not because I think they will find anything, but I am very picky about that area being an "out-hole". I know it is necessary given my family history, and I am happy to get screened early, but I have to admit that there is damn near no enjoyment going to happen that day. I have received my confirmation letter with all the prep I need to do, so I am ready, willing, but I won't enjoy it.
(On a side note, I also learned from a source that the doctor doing my colonoscopy was a woman who had a sex change to become a man, so I am a little leary about being anal probed my a former transvestite.)

8. I have also become more in tune and appreciative with my faith. I have recently finished reading the Old Testament in my Bible and I am now reading, and REALLY enjoying, my journey through the New Testament. I have always wanted some comfort and clarity in my beliefs and I think I am finding them. It is an exciting for me. I am more at ease with the world and I love the message the Bible teaches. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I know he dies in the end, but the journey is the most important.

That's it for us here. You can follow this link to Facebook for Anisha puddle jumping or click the picture.

Have a great Easter everyone!

No comments: