Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 27, 2015

2016 Movie preview

In haven't even reviewed my movies for 2015 yet, but I thought I'd look to the future.
Here are some of the movies I am looking forward to in 2016.
Will I get to see them all? Maybe not. These are all estimated release dates.
 
January
1 – The Hateful Eight – The wide release of Tarantino’s 8th film boasts a great cast and his track record for the last few movies has been great.
8 - The Forest – An unexplained horror in a Japanese forest? Creepy enough to make me watch it.
     The Revenant – The wide release of DiCaprio’s film that a former student of mine worked on. It looks great and was shot outside of Calgary
22 – The 5th Wave – Aliens attack earth and it stars Chloe Grace Moretz.
        The Boy – Lauren Cohan (Walking Dead) stars in this movie as a nanny who learns that the son of a family she works for is a life sized doll... then things get weird & creepy.
 

 
29 – Kung Fu Panda 3 – Po the Panda is back, and I am going with my girls!
 
February
5 – Hail Caesar! – The Coen Brothers have a great cast set in the 1950s in Hollywood.
 
      Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – I read Pride and Prejudice 2-3 times in my schooling, so I am anxious to bury my history with the book with this zombie-filled twist on it.
12 – Deadpool – I’m not a fan, but it is a heavily anticipated movie for Marvel fans.
26 – The Witch – A horror/thriller set in the 1600s and deals with witchcraft. The posters look creepy enough.
 
 
March
4 – London has Fallen – The sequel to Olympus has Fallen, so I expect explosions, action, and Gerard Butler kicking some serious ass.
      Zootopia – Great voice cast for an animated film about talking animals. Looks great!
25 – Batman vs Superman – It’s got the two heavy hitters, plus Wonder Woman, cameos from Aquaman and Flash, Doomsday... There is a lot going into this one which could be too much for it.
 
 
April
8 – Gods of Egypt – This looks so outrageous, I can’t help but want to watch and enjoy the insanity it will be.
15 – The Jungle Book – A mix of live action and CGI with a VERY impressive cast. Idris Elba as Shere Khan? I am sold. I am anticipating this may be my pick of the year as I am heavily biased: The Jungle Book is my favourite Disney Cartoon.
 
22 – The Huntsman Winter’s War – Prequel to Snow White and the Huntsman without Kristen Stewart. I will watch
        Ratchet and Clank – Based on the video game, this CGI sci-fi action adventure looks fun.
 
May
6 – Captain America: Civil War – Highly anticipated, introducing Black Panther to the MCU and pitting hero against hero. Should be wonderfully filmed and presented.
 
13 – Friday the 13th – Because we need another reboot/remake/sequel... Jason Voorhees is my favourite horror villain, so I guess I’m watching it.
27 – Xmen: Apocalypse – The mutant heroes take on the first, and probably most powerful, mutant. Fassbender returns as Magneto, so I am definitely going.
       Alice through the Looking Glass – Based on the sequel book, Depp is back as the Mad Hatter as he and Alice go up against Time (Sasha Baron Cohen).
 
June
3 – TMNT: Out of the Shadows – I was ok with the remake a couple of years ago, now this one introduces my favourite henchmen Beebop & Rocksteady, while bringing in Casey Jones and Baxter Stockman. Bring it!
10 – The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist – After scaring the pants of me (hide and clap) last time, I am nervously anxious for the follow up.
        Now You See Me 2 – I enjoyed the first one, plus they are adding new characters, so I will like to see more of the fun and magic.
17 – Finding Dory – This sequel to Finding Nemo was a LONG time coming. I hope it can capture the emotion of the first one.
 
24 – Independence Day: Resurgence – I remember working at a movie theatre when ID4 came out and watching it MANY times. Most of the original cast is back, and it looks epic.
 
July
1 – The BFG – Shame on me for not reading the book, but when Spielberg helms a Dahl story, it should be awesome
      The Legend of Tarzan – Shirtless Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan for the ladies, Margo Robbie as Jane for the guys, plus Samuel L Jackson & Christoph Waltz... I don’t care how many times Tarzan has been done, I like this cast!
8 – The Secret Lives of Pets – A great preview and a decent voice cast leads this movie into an anticipated hit... hopefully
 
15 – Ghostbusters – I am a fan of the original, and I am anxious to see this one. An all female cast with some heavy hitters and cameos from most of the original cast. Should be good. I’m also going to wait to see the movie before I pass judgement because I’m not a jerk.
22 – Star Trek Beyond – The first preview looked very action packed, plus I love the cast. Should be fun.
       Ice Age: Collision Course – We need another one? Why? (Looks to my kids) Oh, right... I guess I’m going to see what hijinks Scrat is up to.
29 – Bourne 5 – Matt Damon is back and I couldn’t be happier. Please no shaky cam fights though.
 
August
The Joker is noticeably absent in this cast photo... but that adds to the mystery 
5 – Suicide Squad – The villains get their time to shine. First theatrical appearance of a live action representation of Harley Quinn, played by Margo Robbie. Jarred Leto as the Joker as well... looks diabolical and amazing.
 
September
9 – Lights out – Based on a short film about a woman haunted by a creature that only appears when the lights go out. Very creepy premise.
 
October
7 – Gambit – One of the Xmen with the power of telekinesis gets his own movie.
14 – Inferno – Tom Hanks is back as Robert Langdon, based on the Dan Brown novel about them trying to stop a global plague.
       A Monster Calls – A great cast, including Liam Neeson, about a young boy who seeks the help of a tree monster to help cope with his mom’s terminal illness.
 
November
4 – Doctor Strange – One of my friend’s favourite superheroes; a former surgeon gains great powers to defeat evil.
 
18 – Fantastic Beasts and where to find them – Set 70 years before Harry Potter, a wizard in New York tracks down magical beasts.
25 – Moana – Set in the Ancient Pacific and focusing on Hawaiian and Polynesian history, this Disney CGI movie introduces us to a new princess for their roster.
 
December
16 – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – Rebels set out to steal the plans of the Death Star. Great cast... will Darth Vader make a cameo?
The cast of Rogue One looks great.
However, some internet idiots are on their cast because the lead is female.
Shut up and enjoy Star Wars!
 
23 – Passengers – Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence star in this Sci-fi film about a passenger on a space ship waking from their sleep chamber 60 years too early, and then waking up another passenger so they won’t be lonely.
        Assassin’s Creed – Michael Fassbender stars in the adaptation of the video game. I never played it, but it has Fassbender, so I am sold.
        Jumanji – The remake/re-imagining that didn’t need to happen. I’ll still see it.
 
There could be others that pop up throughout the year that may surprise me. No, I’m not anxious for Zoolander 2 or Warcraft, but they may eventually be watched.
 
Happy viewing everyone!
 
2015 Movie Reviews coming soon!

No comments: