Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween, kids book and other fun stuff

It is hard to believe it is November already. One more month and it is the Christmas season.

Back in September, Anisha came with me to the Sask Expo and asked about why she couldn't read my books. Then I met with the amazing Marty Chan at the Edmonton Expo who DID write a kids book and wondered if I could. I wrote a little ditty about Viter which was ok, but needed a lot of work. 
I then read the book The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak (the Office, Amazing Spider-man 2, Inglorious Basterds) and saw how he could write a book with no pictures and keep a bunch of kindergarten kids amazed. I tried it out and then drew some terrible pictures and read it to my girls. They loved it so I did some more work and came up with:


It is for sale here on Amazon. I will be on paperback soon as I will have copies for the end of the month. I am also translating it into French and releasing it in the new year at a public reading both at Anisha's Elementary AND the local library.

Thanksgiving was fun. We had our friends, the Langs, over for dinner. Samantha loves Pumpkin pie, just like her Poppy (my dad).
Samantha and her Pumpkin Pie
Then it was Flu Shot time. Anisha got the nasal spray, but Samantha had a nose bleed earlier in the day so she had to get the needle. She was not impressed.
Flu Shot line up. Their reactions are for silliness.
I'm still doing improv with the local theatre group, but it is now under Boucher Entertainment.
Our group is now named "Off the Cuff" Improv, as suggested by my mother-in-law, Margaret Webster, and agreed upon by the whole group.
My costume to open my latest improv show... oy.

Ringette season has begun. Anisha still is on the cusp of the U9 girls with more organized lessons and training, but still needs work with The Bunnies, usually aged 4-7, who are beginners and need to develop more. This year, she is joined by Samantha as a bunny and her friend Haylee in both the Bunny class and the U9s.

Samantha & Haylee ready to skate!
Ali prepping Anisha for class
  
My girls, all ready to go!
Samantha trying out the walker on the ice.
  
Bunny class begins!
Anisha passed her first swim lesson in the new series this October. She is out of Swim Kids one and into Swim Kids 2. She has done extremely well in her swim lessons!



Poor Daxx had some nasty warts and abscessed teeth on her last vet visit. We got her teeth cleaned, a few removed, and the warts removed. She is doing fine now and doesn't look so stoned as she does in this picture below.
What the hell just happened to me?

For Halloween, the girls had lots of costumes to try on. Samantha wore a Supergirl costume that Anisha happened to get from another girl at the Saskatoon Fan Expo. She didn't want it, and it was WAY to small for Anisha, so Samantha wore it. It was a little big, but then she can wear it for a couple of years. For one of their Halloween Parties, the girls dressed as Elsa (Anisha) and Merida (Samantha). The night of Halloween, Samantha put on her Unicorn costume and went Trick-o-Treatin'. They got quite the haul of candy and had fun.
Supergirl to the rescue!

She got Witch make up to go with her Supergirl...

Best Pumpkin I've carved yet.

Merida getting ready for the Halloween Party

Anisha with make up as Elsa.
Samantha isn't upset, just poorly timed photo.
Last weekend was the Focus on Christmas craft sale. I went there with my books and had a great time. I made over $130 in profit on my books. I can't wait to see how I do once the kids book comes out. My Saturday was slow, but my Sunday sales were great! I was with Yvonne Yourkowski and her YA crime novel Murder from Beyond the Grave.

Our booth. I was with Yvonne and her books.
I started rehearsals for Anne of Green Gables with Rivier Academy a few weeks ago. I have a small role as a farmer and I do sing a song with someone. The cool news is that Samantha is in the show. She is an extra for the school scene and will clearly steal the show next February.
Her first rehearsal
Listening to the director

Stealing the lime light showing off how to hop-scotch.


No comments: