Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer time and we're too hot

HOLY COW!!!

Our last posting was back in early June. Tsk tsk on me. Might as well update:

1. Well, subbing slowed down considerably at the start of June, so I took a one week temporary position at Canada Post as a volume counter. That was pretty interesting to see the inside workings of Canada Post. It was only morning shifts, but that gave me the afternoons to work on my Calculus or chores at home. Now that summer is in full swing, I am working Mon-Thurs at Sylvan Learning tutoring kids who are SO HAPPY to be in a school-like setting over summer. hehehe.

2. Prince Albert had its street fair and Ali had to work the Guiding cookie table so Anisha and I patrolled the fair. It was pretty good. There was an inflatable jumpy castle for her but when I put her in, she cried and cried and cried and just sat in the entrance. That was a flop. However, the next day was Father's Day and our church had its usual Father's Day pancake breakfast and Car show. They brought a jumpy castle for the kids, and this time Anisha loved it. It was a rainy Father's day, but I really liked it alot.

Click this line or the pics below to see the Facebook Gallery of the PA fair and Father's Day.


Anisha and at the fountain at the PA Street Fair

3. Speaking of Alison and Guiding, Alison is now the district commissioner for the Prince Albert/La Ronge/Shellbrook/Birch Hills region. Its a wonderful opportunity for her. The previous comissioner has been in that role for over 10 years and things needed to be changed and "shook-up" so to speak. So Alison stepped up and volunteered and got the position for the new year. It will be a steep learning curve not only for her but for the region as well as the same lady has done the role for so long.

4. We also visited a camp site near here named Stuther's Campsite. We will be camping there with Alison's parents the week after the long weekend in August. It is a nice little campground with a waterslide off the splash park that flows down to Struther's Lake. Really cool place. I can't wait to go there. Speaking of camping, before we head to Struther's, we will be spending August Long weekend at Ali's friend's place in Saskatoon and taking in the Saskatoon Fringe Festival. I am very excited to go.

Anisha soaked after running through the waterpark at Stuthers

5. In Prince Albert is the Kinsmen Water Park, a large outdoor waterpark facility that has slides, a pool and a kiddie pool area as well as a playground. Now, to those local Prince Albertonians who have been going to it all their life, it must get boring. However, Ali, Anisha and I LOVED the water park. It was a great place and the water was surprisingly very warm. It has two regular water slides and one watertube waterslide. Both are great. There is even a small waterslides for toddlers. Anisha goes down it multiple times in her lifejacket with very little help from Ali or I. I don't have a picture of that slide, but I have pics of the other fun at the park.
Anisha at the Kinsmen Waterpark

6. Anisha also attended her first B-Day party for a friend we met through the church. It was the girl's 3rd birthday and Anisha had so much fun and got so wet. (When you see the pictures you will understand)

Anisha soaking the Birthday Girl

7. It is very warm here in Prince Albert. It has been so warm, I have slept downstairs most nights in the last week and I haven't slept in the same bed as Alison. I miss that, but it is too hot and humid here. I can't wait for the fall and winter.

8. My parents came to visit July 7-12 and brought along my cousin Sarah. It was great for their visit. While they were here, Ali and I offered my parents the opportunity to take Anisha back to Sherwood Park with them for a few days and we would pick her up again on Friday. It was an awesome time for Alison and I to be alone for a few days. We went to movies (Harry Potter 6, which was awesome), out to dinner and got to have some marriage time for ourselves. We picked up Anisha on Friday afternoon and brought her home. That is when we realised that for the two weeks she was out of daycare (one week here with my parents and one week in Alberta with them), she had very little structure and discipline. Now, we are busy shocking Anisha back to the rules, structure and discipline at home. Today was actually the first day back at childcare for her this week where she DIDN'T cry after I dropped her off.

Well, that seems to be all the news from here in Prince Albert. What is coming up?:
  • Prince Albert Exhibition
  • Saskatoon Fringe
  • Camping at Struthers
  • Housewarming Party
  • School Starts at the end of August (No job yet, just subbing as far as I know)
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

No comments: