Total Pageviews

Friday, October 3, 2008

Weighing in on Odd events

So a number of odd things happened this last week:

1. Early Sunday morning, Sept 28, at 2:25AM, we got a call at our house. I was sleeping upstairs by myself because I was feeling sick with a cold and whenever one of us gets sick, the other sleeps downstairs so the sick one gets a good night sleep. I got up and answered the phone. Still groggy, I swore the phone said that Trent Gillespie was calling. I answered to hear "Good morning", then a hang up. I shook the cobwebs out of my head and checked caller ID and sure enough, my cell phone called me. I couldn't put two and two together because for all knew, my cell phone was in the car. I went out and looked in my driveway to see my car door open. I went out to the car to see everything inside strewn about; we were robbed.
I woke Alison then called my cell phone back; the buggers answered! I told them I was calling the cops on them and they said to go ahead and hung up again. I went and grabbed Ali's wallet that had been thrown around in the car, searched it to see no VISA so we quickly cancelled Ali's VISA. I also called and blocked my cell phone. We called the cops, who came and took a statement from us. In the end, the only thing taken from my car was my cell phone. We found Ali's VISA in the house, so no loss there in the end.
Since all they took was the cell phone, it leads me to believe it was just a bunch of drunk, stupid kids, or adults. It turns out that we didn't lock the car door after we got home Saturday evening, which is odd because we usually do. I guess we were distracted and forgot. I REALLY liked that cell phone... but I am thankful that was all that was missing.

2. Later that day we went to Saskatoon and got Anisha some new board books, a couple of "In The Night Garden" toys from Toys R Us, and we had a great lunch at Fuddruckers. Before we left, I got a new phone, a Motorolla Krazor. It's very sleek and shiny.

3. So, I have found another great way to lose weight: sweating. At St. Mary High School where I teach, I cannot wear jeans or shorts; Khakis and dress pants are good. Many of my classes overheat fast so I sweat ALOT! I weighed myself this morning to see that I dropped 5 pounds! Holy crap! I am now at 327lbs. I guess there is a bonus to working here and wearing long pants all day. I guess I will watch a movie this weekend. Who know what I will watch.

4. Anisha is doing well, still a busy, cranky girl who likes to throw a mild fit when she can't get her way. Alison is good too. Her Sparks group is working with their division this weekend to hold a garage sale in their hall to raise funds. That will be our Saturday.

That's all that is new. Have a great weekend all!

No comments: