Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2008

A new goal...

So, I weighed myself today and I went back up to 340 lbs. I have been stuck at this weight for about a month now. While I shouldn't get discouraged, I have been thinking about how I can jump start my weight loss again. Finally it occurred to me: I need a new goal to achieve. Sure, I said the 300 lbs mark was good, but that was too great a goal in the short run. I need a SMART goal. Those in business know that SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. My 300lbs goal was SMA, but not RT. So here is my new goal:




















I want to lose 20 lbs by my birthday, November 30, and I will be allowed to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which comes out November 21.

Onto other things: The Prince Albert Exhibition was this week. Ali, Anisha and I went Tuesday night and it was good, but we were tired from all the walking. The parade for the exhibition was on Monday and was almost ruined by a freak rainstorm which pelted parade watchers.

You can check out the photos of the parade and the exhibition by clicking this line to my Facebook gallery.

Not much else is new here. Everything seems to be going swimmingly for all of us now that the summer is half over.
Oh, in Lindsey's blog she ranted about hypoallergenic dogs. Its funny how people believe that the term hypoallergenic means anyone with allergies can still own one. I do believe the term means that it doesn't shed so mildly allergic people (like Alison) can still own one. People, like Lindsey, with stronger allergies, will still react to dogs because the dog still sheds skin (like humans) and drools. Its too bad she will have to lose out on the fun of a pet, but it is a cheaper alternative. In the end, we should all go back to owning rocks. Easy to care for, non-allergenic, and if you don't like it, just throw it away...
Have a great week everyone!

No comments: